Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Klis Fortress

I saw so many things in Split and its surroundings that I could probably write about them for the rest of my journey, so I'll condense it down to my favorites.

To any Game of Thrones fans, Klis Fortress might seem a little familiar. It was used in filming as parts of the city of Meereen, where the slave masters are crucified on the walls. I don't watch the show myself, but the view was phenomenal.
The fortress holds a key defensive point, protecting Dalmatia from invaders.
The fortress is on the top of the mountain

The view is breath-taking

The very top

The second of three gates

Spread along the ridge line

Dragon!

Ant people (also in the fortress)

at the top

Church and view

So pretty

Mountains

On the other side of the fortress

Happy fortress face

Fortress cat! Cute!

First gate on the way out

2 comments:

  1. Sure looks familiar - some digital editing went into the GOT scenes as well, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Happy Fortress face - Dragon's Daughter?

    ReplyDelete