Thursday, February 16, 2012

T minus 36 hours

I have less than 36 hours left in Lubbock.
How am I not panicking? I've somewhat started packing, but have tons of stuff left to do.
I worked most of the day even though I said I'd take the day off to get ready. The time was well spent though. I've been working on a project at Tech in which I use alternating current through a coil to crush a soda can. It has been my first ever engineering project which I had to design from the ground up, procure the parts for, and finally put together. I got it up and running this morning after taking part of the assembly apart after it flashed over during firing. (There was a big bang, a flash of light, and quite a few curious grad students who came running. Not good.)


I also ate lunch with my mom for the first time in a while and repaired a mascot costume for the Mathnasium. After attempting to be refined and sewing the thing together, I decided it would take too long and improvised. Staples work just as well as a needle and thread if it doesn't need to look pretty.

I should probably go pack now. The clock's ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment